Where Do You Draw the Line?

I am very thankful for my education here at Kingswood. I have the greatest privilege to sit under some of the most incredible professors and learn from their ministry experience, and also have them challenge me on a daily basis with their lessons.

One of the greatest lessons they stress here is to never stop learning.
You can never go to too many seminars/conferences, you can never read too many books (thank goodness!), and you can never sit across from enough people with a cup of coffee and glean information from them.

Recently, one of my professors was talking about people with the gift of administration, a gift I believe to possess. He was saying how people with this gift often tend to be critical towards things because they see what could be and what should be, and when those things don't happen it's very frustrating for them.

He described me to a "T" probably without even knowing it. It's hard for me to sit in church sometimes because I see the potential a church can have that it is not striving after. It's hard for me to not critique the worship service and the sermon because of the knowledge I have gained in my classes here at Kingswood about how things should be. I understand that not all churches look the same, but when a church has so much potential how can the leaders sometimes be blind to seeing it?

So where do I draw the line? Where do I draw the line between wanting to voice my opinion because I see what can be, and continuing to just be an attendee of the church and stay silent when I just want to scream sometimes? I understand that I'm no expert on church growth, leadership, leading worship, and I am definitely no expert on preaching but there is something in me that wrestles with this on a consistent basis. Where do you draw the line between being critical and being helpful?

Comments

Popular Posts