Sunday Stirrings: Return

"Blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what was spoken to her from the Lord." Luke 1:45

The Saunders Irving Chapel has an eerie but comforting silence to it; this is a place where I love to be alone. Although the wind outside is bitter and cold and the snow is flying everywhere, on the inside there is safety, silence, and solitude.

This is a representation of my life over this past little while: feelings of bitterness and frustration swirling around me as I am unable to see the things my human eyes want to see; "Cursed is my near-sighted heart, my trust loves my eyes." (Cardio-Optics; Mike Chapman)

But on the inside, well the inside was a bit of a construction zone, maybe more like a garden, that was being dug up and planted with seeds containing roots that reached so far down they never seem to stop.

And I can feel it. I can feel these seeds slowly starting to bud into something beautiful...but not in my time: "Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!" (Psalm 27:14)

A command so impossible it seems to follow.
A command that actually calls me to die to self
A command that causes me to panic about the zone of the unknown, but...
"Dead men don't panic", do they?

Why have you been so downcast, O my soul?! There's no reason to be anymore!
Don't you remember the God whom you serve? The God who shows you mercy, love, and compassion. The One who called you out of darkness and into light when you wanted nothing to do with Him; the God who relentlessly pursues you day in and day out.

May your soul rejoice in Him always (Philippians 4:4)
May your soul awake to His mercies which are new every morning in wonder (Habakkuk 1:5)
May your soul return to Him holding fast to love and justice while you wait on Him (Hosea 12:6)
Wait on the Lord.

Comments

Popular Posts