A Blessing and a Half

Instead of being a part of our campus wide Serve Saint John day, I had the opportunity to be in my favorite city in the whole world: Halifax, Nova Scotia. I’m not a person who has a favorite anything, so this is a lot for me to say that Hali is my favorite place to be.
There was a group of us who were planning to go see a friend who had a court appearance to make, and then one of our team members was speaking at a youth group while the rest of us lead worship. Our plans changed as the court date got moved, but we still planned to go. What a great day it turned out to be!
We had a tour of the new building of a church plant which is currently held in a movie theater, then had lunch with the pastor of the church plant and some former Kingswood students. It was a blessing to just step foot in Halifax once again, and all I could do was reminisce about my short time spent there in 2009/2010 with my heart breaking into a million tiny pieces for that city all over again. It was hard to get in the car and drive off, but I have no  doubt I’ll be back again soon :)
The afternoon/evening progressed as we headed to Hillside Wesleyan church in Cole Harbour and did a sound check for the worship service that evening. As sad as I was to not be in Hali anymore, my heart grew happy again knowing I was going to be in another one of my favorite settings: youth group! Okay so maybe I have a few favorites….judge me!
 I was excited to meet new people and get to know the students even if it was only for a few moments. Worship was awesome, the message was awesome, and responsive hearts from the students was even more awesome! It was a blessing to be a part of such an amazing ministry for a short while, and I could not have been happier to be there and get a small glimpse into a youth group that felt similar to mine back home.
I hope the students (and adults) at Hillside know how blessed they are to have the youth pastor they do on staff. He is a great speaker, leader, and friend who is going to allow God to use him to change lives in an incredible way.
It was hard to leave last night. Yesterday was by far one of the best days I have had so far this semester, and it hasn't even been a month yet! Yesterday was truly a blessing and a half  :)

Comments

Popular Posts