I Know God is Working, So I Smile

Today has been a rough day.
The morning started off shaky with a talk that I have had a million times yet nothing changes about it. Anger and frustration flooded my mind and my heart, and ultimately my worship and focus during chapel was affected. Not good.
Class let out early and I was super thankful for that! All I could do was come back to my dorm, sit on the floor, and pray. Our speaker in chapel talked this morning about Bartimaeus and how he had to step out in faith and ask to be healed by Jesus. How much like Bartimaeus should we be when we pray? All it takes is to simply step out and take risks (something I’ve been learning to do for more than a year!) and ask God specifically and persistently for what we want.
I have done so much talking about the situation that was bothering me today, but yet I have done nothing about it. My fear of rejection, ruining everything, and plain awkwardness is holding me back, but I know there is a risk that I am going to have to take eventually. I also know that even though I feel like I’m drowning this seed that has been planted, it is going to grow into something amazing and something beautiful!
Despite how crappy my day has been going so far, I know God is working so I’m gonna smile :D

Comments

Popular Posts