Come Into the Boat

Unintelligent.
Inadequate.
Unqualified.
Incompetent.
Uncertain.

These are the storms that are raging, the waves that are crashing, the wind that is raging.
These are the storms that my heart is tormenting me with.
These are the storms that my head is spinning with; lies of the enemy springing up and choking what You have planted on good soil.

What lies ahead in this storm is so uncertain. I continue to hold You at arms length with my, "I got this attitude," but yet I want You to fix it, I want it to go away. I want You to swoop in and save the day with Your superhero powers, but it rages on and on and on with what seems like no end. "I have heard of what You have done for other people, so won't you do the same for me?" The cry of my heart as the storm carries on, as doubt and fear fill my mind as I cry out in terror like the disciples did for You to save them.

"Where is your faith, child," You whisper. And then I see it. And then I know.
It's not the storm that's the issue. It's the Soul. 

Oh Soul, where is your faith? Where is your hope in the One who gives you peace? Rest in Him, abide in Him. Every moment of every day Soul, rest in Christ. You are in Him and He is in you and THIS is your privilege. Soul, you were bought with a price, but your worth is of infinite value. It wasn't cheap, it was costly. How amazing is grace?! And to live a life of continuous and unbroken fellowship in this grace with Christ is the PURPOSE you bear. This is who you are Soul; this is who you've been created to be. Abide in Christ dear one. Let yourself take every thought captive to Him as He abides in You. Walk no longer in uncertainty and fear of the unknown. What do you have to fear as you have Christ abiding in you and you abiding in Him?

You fear nothing.
You laugh in the face of uncertainty
You turn your eyes to hills where your Help comes from.
You declare with your tongue who this faithful and steadfast God is because He is I AM.

I look up, and though the wind and the rain rage on I say, "Come into the boat with me Lord."

And in that moment my invitation tells me that I have been worshiping a god of fear, I have been worshiping a god that I have created and not the KING who is a God of intimacy, a God of relationship. There will always be times where He will call me to step out of the boat, but for now I'm inviting Him in. I'm inviting in the One who even the winds and waves obey. The calmer not only of the storm, but of the Soul.

Will you do the same?

Comments

Popular Posts