A Season of Hiddenness

I don't understand my life sometimes.
I don't understand my emotions, why I do the things I do, and why I say the things I say.
But, such is the mystery of the Christian faith; a mystery that I do not think I can ever solved.

What I have come to understand, however, is that I am a tree. Well not quite a tree, but rather a tree in the making. This realization came from a wonderful (and much needed) chat I had with an intelligent and insightful woman who has become very special to me this semester at Kingswood.

This desert feeling I seem to be in all the time (surprisingly) is not because I just suck at life and at keeping up with my devotional and prayer life. This is simply a season of hiddenness. This is the season of a tree taking root in the desert, as small as those roots may be right now, preparing to blossom and grow into a magnificent creation, crafted by God Himself.

This is work being done on the inside that I wasn't even aware of, and it is work that is not yet ready to show itself to the world and oddly enough, I'm okay with that. I think I'm okay with it because now I understand why I feel the way I do. I'm okay with it because in a previous conversation, I told this same person that since I feel as though I am lacking in my spiritual life, I felt like I was going to miss something important and meaningful God has for me. What she told me was that God has something in store for me and it is going to be big so there is no way I could miss it.

And because of that, I know that this is indeed just a season. And because of that, I know that these roots are being put in place for a reason. And because of that, I'm ready for what is about to come my way!

To me, this is the beautiful mystery of the Christian faith that I will never solve. This is what keeps me so in awe and amazed about who God is and why He does the things He does. I am extremely expectant as I see this season unfold in my life, and I cannot wait for the "Ah-ha!" moment I will come to when I finally see this season come to fruition.

"The Lord will work out His plans for my life- for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever" 
                                                                                                           Psalm 138:8

Comments

Popular Posts