Something New

3:54 AM.

I’m becoming more aware of the possibility for my body to be over-rested. At least that’s how I’m feeling in this season of quarantine. I'm really good at doing this type of thing: wanting something so bad until I have it, and then I wonder why I wanted it so bad. I think it's because I feel like I’m coming out of a time of wishing that I could do nothing but rest. After about a week of this, I’d be perfectly content if I never see the inside of my 900 square-foot apartment ever again. Only then I’d be wishing that I could have the “good old days” back.; what a trip human rationale is...such a vicious cycle...

I’ve been trying for the last three hours (unproductively I might add) to fall asleep, and now there’s this seemingly annoying group of birds outside that have decided it’s time for another day to start. 

I’ve always wished I was a morning person like that.

As unready as I feel for a new day, the sound of the birds reminds me of the new mercies that are waiting for me in this day. This day that feels planned yet already unproductive, but a day nonetheless that is filled with new grace and new opportunities to see the way that the Trinity is at work within a world that feels so out of whack at the moment. With that in mind, I welcome the song of the birds that reminds me they don’t have a care in the world because there’s Someone taking care of them with every flight and every landing, and their song is of gratitude and Thanksgiving to their Creator. I want to be more like them.

4:04 AM.

I’m not even sure if it’s worthwhile to try and sleep at this point, but I suppose that’s the point of the birds song. I don’t think they care if I sleep either, and their song reminds me to be grateful for a new day that, although seemingly repetitive of the last week or so, still has the potential to be filled with something new: New Joy, new Mercy, new Grace, a new song to the Creator in gratitude for all He has done and is doing in the unseen places of our finite perspectives of the world

4:12 AM.

May you find something new about today.

Comments

Popular Posts