Don't Forget Where You Belong

Presque Isle, Maine.

A blip on the map that no one has ever heard of. Or a blip on a map of Canada (only if you're remotely familiar with where it is). Or a blip on the map of the world that I have called home for 22 years. It's a strange feeling packing up your life and leaving everything you've known to move somewhere else...I'm not speaking from a whole lot of experience though; this is the first time I've officially done it.

And for those of you who were wondering, yes I'm slightly terrified.
But for the others who are wondering, yes I'm extremely excited as well.

Not excited because I'm finally getting to do what most people only talk about by getting out of a small town, but more so expectant: expectant to see God's hand at work in a different part of the country and see the life change he's going to bring in people's lives. Expectant of how he's going to change me and work in my life to fulfill his purposes so that he may receive the glory.

Expectant of how he's going to take my feelings of "never good enough" and "inadequate" and "incompetent" and completely blow my mind with how he's going to use me. Expectant of how he's going to show up when his people pray and desire his presence to be where they are, and to see him rock people's worlds with how incredibly great he is.

Yes I'm excited to leave because of the exciting and new opportunities that will be in front of me, but I know that I'll never forget where I've come from or where I belong. Presque Isle will always be home for me no matter what. It's the place I've grown up, the place I've done life, and the place that I will always love coming back to over the (for now) two years I'll be gone. For now I will embrace this new season of my life and the places God is about to take me (as scary and terrifying as those places might be, physical or not), but I will never forget where I belong.

Home.
Presque Isle, Maine.
"Living out of cases, packing up and taking off
Made a lot of changes but not forgetting who I was.
On the horizon oh and I know I know I know I know the moon will be rising back home.
 
Don't forget where you belong, home. Don't forget where you belong, home.
If you ever feel alone, don't. You were never on your own
And the proof is in this song
."

Comments

Popular Posts