In the Waiting Part 1

Advent: The period in between the end of November and Christmas where we wait with anticipation for the birth of Christ.

Waiting: Something I have never been good at....ever.

But I have found that in waiting, beautiful things come as a result: relationships I never would have expected, God moments/revelations that totally blow me away, and wells of living water springing up all around this desert place I call my heart. The people of Israel waited for years to see the words of the prophets come to fruition about a man who would become King and rule the nations, and I wonder how those people felt when it finally happened. Simeon was promised by the Holy Spirit he would not see death until he had seen the Lord, and the prophetess Anna stayed in the temple night and day worshiping, fasting, and praying in anticipation of this coming king.

Waiting produces good things, and I am in the waiting.

In this season of Advent, yes I am anticipating Christmas where I will be celebrating the coming of my Savior, but in this season of Advent I am also in the waiting for something much, much greater. What this "something" is I have no idea, but I can tell you it's going to be great!

"While I'm waiting" by John Waller has become my theme song I think. This song has helped me before in my life because it never ceases to challenge me. Within the waiting, serving and worship still need to be a part of my life even when I don't want to. Though I am in extreme anticipation of when this moment will come, though it's not easy, I will do just want the song says: patiently and faithfully I will wait. I will move ahead bold and confident, taking every step in obedience.
"I'm waiting, I'm waiting on You Lord and I am hopeful. I'm waiting on You Lord though it is painful, but patiently I will wait. I will move ahead bold and confident, taking every step in obedience. While I'm waiting I will serve You while I'm waiting I will worship, while I'm waiting I will not faint I'll be running the race, even while I wait.
"I'm waiting, I'm waiting on You Lord and I am peaceful, I'm waiting on You Lord though it's not easy no, but faithfully I will wait.I will move ahead bold and confident, taking every step in obedience. While I'm waiting I will serve You while I'm waiting I will worship, while I'm waiting I will not faint I'll be running the race, even while I wait."

Comments

Popular Posts