The Hard Twenty Somethings: Surrender is Sweet

Life.
Oh boy life.
Throws those odd twists and turns at you during the most inconvenient times; has its ups and downs; but always seems to bring beauty in the waiting.

As I am writing, the sweet voice of a great woman in my life Elizabeth Rhyno is coming over my speakers:
"My head is spinning. I can't stop thinking about what I think.
My hands are hurting, I can't stop holding on to control.
When I rely on myself I come up empty, depend on my strength it's just too heavy
I go on my own I know I just own't make it
'Cause I don't know which way to go from here
But straight down to my knees
Surrender is sweet."
I think I have listened to and sung this song over and over again, and it still continues to blow me out of the water each time. My head is currently swimming right now with what seems like decision after decision that I have no clue where to turn to get answers for.

Sometimes my hands feel red and achy like the hot intensity after you play an intense game of tug-of-war from trying to control my own situations and trying to do things on my own instead of turning to the One who I know can handle anything I throw at Him. And yet in the midst of all this, I know the only way to go (although for some reason I am quite hesitant to do so sometimes) when I can't take it anymore is straight down to my knees.

And then comes freedom. And then comes peace.

But these can only come when I choose to stop being so dang stubborn and open my hands to give God everything I am wrestling with; not just today's troubles, but tomorrow's, five years from now, and even fifty years from now.

Surrender is sweet.

Comments

Popular Posts