"I'm Proud of You"

When I was younger it was always nice to bring home artwork I thought would make me the next Picasso or to have that awesome accomplishment of having a great report card (a rare occasion I must say:) ) and be able to hang those things on the fridge, displaying the result of those awful 8 hour school days. It was also awesome to have my parents say, “Way to go!” or “Great job!” and to know that they were happy with the way I finished out the year or an assignment.
Something I have been dwelling on for the past week or so was the end of a Skype conversation I had with someone I dearly love and have been honored to work under and minister with, and that person is my youth pastor. It was so awesome to tell him of all the awesome things God has been doing in me and through me, and to say those things with a joyful attitude. But the best part was right before we hung up. He said four impacting words that filled my heart with joy:
“I’m proud of you!”
It’s not like I haven’t heard these words before in my life, but there was just something about hearing them from a person back home who recognizes that I am allowing God to use me in ways I never would have expected whether that is on campus or off campus. Those four words completely knocked my socks of and completely made my day (the week as well apparently if I am still thinking about it)!
Encouragement is a great and empowering thing, and if you are a leader in any way, shape, or form, or someone you interact with on a daily basis simply is spectacular at what they do (someone at your favorite coffee shop, a kid in your youth group, or the person in the cubicle/office next to yours!), take a minute to let them know you appreciate what they do and tell them how proud you are of them.
You never know how it might make their week! :)

Comments

Popular Posts